Thursday, November 12, 2009

Glee, episode 1.09


This episode gets two thumbs-up from me. Did anyone else think the cheerleader tryouts were a little reminiscent of American Idol tryouts, and way too brief?

Favorite Sue lines:

I'm about to projectile express myself all over your Hush Puppies.

You think this is hard? Try auditioning for Baywatch and being told they're going in another direction. That's hard!

You are a terrible spy. You might try breathing through your nose sometime.

The "diva-off:" Who was your choice? Rachel or Kurt? Should they change the key of the song and give Kurt a chance?

And finally, the question that has plagued me for episodes: What is a Lima loser?

5 comments:

  1. these quotes must be more fun in context. They aren't doing it for me here.. ;/

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diva off: Rachel nailed it, even with Kurt's purposefully wrong note, I liked Rachel's warmth of voice.

    Should they have changed the key for Kurt? NO, and Im sure he would say the same. For one its his favorite song and two, he said he wanted this because he could do a girls part, so why would you lower it it make it easier, he wanted it and I believe lowering the key would be an insult to him.

    (haha funny how into a show I can get) but I do love Glee!

    P.S. I LOVE to HATE Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost cried at the end when Kurt was talking to his dad.

    Although, I am wondering, every week they learn another song or two for the sectionals - just how many songs do they need for the sectionals? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped watching this show after the 3rd episode. I just couldn't figure out the diretion the show was trying to take. Some of it was serious, some of it almost slapstick. But I do love Jane Lynch in practically everything she's in. Did you see her in Best In Show? HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me fall in love with Sue a lil bit more...

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback, please...